Sunday, August 07, 2011

A week in Muskoka

We are away again this week at a cottage that our daughter's family took on a little bay on Lake Muskoka just south of Bracebridge. I have now relaxed to the point of resembling a huge bowl of jello and with about the same amount of brain power. I think about calling one my sisters who is at her cottage on another part of this lake, but didn't bring her number and haven't managed to search my wallet in case I have it there. I promised a friend I would email her my cell number. She has a place close-by and is not likely to be here this week, but just in case she does come up it would be good if she could let me know. I would love to see her cottage but can't unless she can call me. And then there are the thanks I owe to our friends on Lake of Bays for the lovely time last weekend. Instead to sending them a note of gratitude, I stretch out for another rest and read another chapter of pulp fiction. Summertime and the livin' is easy and so is retirement.

No comments: