Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Home for a few days

A quick post tonight just to say that we are home for a few days. Husband has a summer cold which meant we left early from Lake of Bays. A good thing really as it took 4 hours to get back instead of the 5 it took going. We got home in time for me to harvest the garden and serve up a dinner of mixed greens salad with sweet pepper, cherry tomatoes and chevre; a sort of stew-like concoction of olive oil, sweet pepper, garlic, baby eggplant and tomatoes; green and yellow beans with butter, and some brown rice crackers. I cracked open a retirement gift bottle of real potato vodka to sip over ice with a bit of fresh lime. But my left shoulder is acting up, keeping me awake, so I am catching up on email etc with Run Silent Run Deep running in the background on TV. I think it really is time for bed. Yawn. Yup. Goodnight.

2 comments:

bonny Morgan said...

I love a blog that talks about what you did with your garden veggies and especially if it mentions exotic alcohol! Hi Cat!! Hope all's well!
Bonny Morgan

bonny Morgan said...

I love a blog that talks about what you did with your garden veggies and especially if it mentions exotic alcohol! Hi Cat!! Hope all's well!
Bonny Morgan