Tuesday, July 12, 2016

SAC Songwriting & Blogging Challenge #2 - A Story Song Blog 1

Of course. Because I just finished recording the best story song I have ever written or likely ever will. The most important new song for me. And just heard the mix today. So the idea of writing another story song just now was a little daunting. I surveyed through my brain for the songs I have written before that might be story songs. Let's see. Stay Down Here With You...yep. That is the story of someone going to Australia, falling in love with the land, finding the love of a lifetime and deciding to stay. And my song Reunion, it's a story of meeting an old flame, remembering how it was, and admitting to having been in love at one time. But what will be the first song on my new EP, to be released in the fall, that song, Swing Daddy, is my father's story, started the summer he would have been 100. It's the best I can do.

However, I did think of another little story. So I have drafted the verses and chorus. It will take the rest of the week to get it in shape for recording. This time, I will get it and the post to my blog submitted well before the Saturday midnight deadline. Maybe even a day in advance!

No comments: