Friday, May 19, 2006

One Application Less

That's done. I just emailed and faxed the complete package. The posting said to send a resume, and maybe I should have left it at that. So I put everything into one attachement: cover letter, resume, and a list of references at the end of the resume. Six pages in all. Good grief! They are probably going to take one look at that pile of paper and toss it.

But I hope they don't! The letter clearly ties my skills and experiences to the description in the posting, so it would be good if someone read it. However, the summary at the front of my resume might have been sufficient without the cover letter. Also, since it is four years since I have worked at the school, I have lost a lot of contacts that worked with me over the fifteen years that I was arts head there. It makes it tough to find the right list of references - and maybe I didn't even have to have the list! I could have left it at "References available on request".

Oh, well. One less application to do. What I really need is the help of a professional head-hunter!

No comments: