Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So I Got the New Job

Okay. It's been over 2 months since I last posted anything on this blog. Well, I did say that this is a new medium for me and it would take time for me to get into the habit of making regular entries. So far I have had no comments on my blogs, and I suspect that I have not enabled that function yet. Lots to learn.

It's been a crazy couple of months. There was a placement available to me, full-time drama, in my old school district
. But I also got on the eligible to hire list in Toronto. Around the long weekend in July, I had three interviews and three job offers in three days. It was really difficult for me to decide which job to take, as all three schools had a lot to offer. I finally decided when I asked myself this question: If this job is in fact my final job - if I never leave the school I go to now - where would I most like to be when I retire? Then the answer became clear. It was a heart over mind decision. I chose to work at a large arts high school.

I also accepted a job as librarian. The other schools had offered a split timetable. I don't necessarily want to remain full-time teacher-librarian until I retire. But it will be a good way of getting back into the school system after a 4-year absence. I am a little nervous about taking the role of T-L, because of that absence. But right now I am taking some short courses to get up to speed with the systems used in this school district.

So, ready or not, here I come.

No comments: